- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award to twelve of your blogging buddies.
- Notify the recipients.
Took me a while to think of 7 facts that may be even vaguely worth reading, and I'm not convinced I achieved even that! Anyhow:
1. I wore black almost exclusively from the age of 14 to about 22. I also only wore Dr Martin boots for the same period, I didn’t own anything else.
2. I adore pizza. When I was in
I had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner every single day. Italy
3. I have shaved my hair to just a few millimetres on 3 separate occasions. I cried each time and so did my grandmother.
4. I’ve somehow inadvertently managed to see the pop group Buck’s Fizz THREE fucking times in concert, once when I was about 9 (which can be forgiven) and twice more at nightclubs when I didn’t realise that they would be playing!
5. I don’t believe in marriage. It’s an outdated concept that has no relevance for me, only makes me think of religion and patriarchy and gives the state power over your personal life.
6. Even though I only really wear vintage/old clothes, I don’t romanticise the recent past and I loathe the idea of wanting to live in another era, where women had far less freedoms and society in general was less liberal and accepting.
7. My idea of heaven is a scummy, chaotically-arranged charity shop, with batty old women running it, who believe in putting out all stock, no matter how old or worn, and not charging the earth for it. This is a rare thing but they can still be found. More common though is a pristine shop with last season’s Primark and M&S on the racks, with not a ‘vintage’ item in sight, sigh.
It was also tricky choosing who to pass along the award too, I read and enjoy so many blogs, but I decided to nominate 7:
I'm off to ponder the tucks versus darts dilemma, for the 1930s dress.