Monday 6 June 2011

Me-Made-June

Right, I’m a bit behind on blogging recently, so here is the first of 3 posts!

'I, Claire Everson,  sign up as a participant of Me-Made-June '11. I endeavour to wear
at least one item that I have sewn, refashioned or altered, each day for the duration of June 2011'

I have always enjoyed reading ‘So, Zo...’ and have wanted to take part in previous challenges but felt my amount of me-made items weren’t numerous enough.... and maybe they still aren't! 

I have lots of clothing I have made, but much of it I haven’t worn for years or even have never worn!  I have at least 3 skirts, 8 tops, and 9 dresses but many of the things were made for nights out, so they won’t be work suitable, and I need practical clothes for all occasions.  I also have a feeling that none of the things go with each other or anything else.  I have made a list of possible outfits, but though they sound good in theory, when I try them on, it may be a different story.

Despite having huge intentions to sew like a mad woman in May, I have made just one thing, a dress, the Parfait, blogged here. Therefore, I am including altered or refashioned items, as I have dresses I bought years ago, which I’ve yet to wear only due to needing the hems shortening, and I think if this forces me to finish these small tasks, it is in keeping with the spirit of the challenge... though some may say I’m cheating slightly...  I can of course sew during the challenge, so may yet add some much needed staples by the end of the month. 

By the end of the challenge I expect to see what items are successes, what doesn’t work, so it can be given away (though charity shoppers may not want my poorly made cast offs) and what I need to make to pair some items with.

No comments:

Post a Comment